To get the project started, we conducted stakeholder interviews with the heads of the different departments within Southeast Mortgage. The goal of this exercise was to gather information about the needs of every aspect of the business, map out key themes and overlaps between departments, and formulate a plan of action on how to execute those goals. These key themes became the foundation for all of my decision making throughout the remainder of the project.
Some of the key themes identified in stakeholder interviews:
- Create clearly defined user paths for website visitors seeking a mortgage or wanting to refinance.
- Highlight the ease and transparency of their mortgage process and getting pre-approved.
- Create a destination for Realtors and Builders wanting to partner with Southeast Mortgage.
- Use testimonials from all user personas to demonstrate their extremely high satisfaction rate.
- Showcase the company culture and personality through videos, photography, and social media feeds.